West Central Indiana Economic Development District is made up of a team of more that 40 full- and part-time employees who are dedicated to making a difference in the communities and the lives of the people we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer and we're committed to attracting, training and retaining talented team members.
We offer our employees competive wages and eligible employees recieve a benefits package that includes:
- Health, life and disability insurance
- Paid vacations, holidays and sick leave
- 401(k) retirement plan
- And much more
Director of Operations
West Central Indiana Economic Development District (WCIEDD) is seeking a highly qualified individual to become the organization’s first Director of Operations. This is a developmental program position that could afford the successful candidate the opportunity for a direct promotion to the Executive Director position, upon retirement of the current Executive Director.
The Director of Operations will assist the Executive Director in directing and managing the Agency’s day-to-day operations with a special focus on fiscal management; office management; information technology; facilities; human resources; business development; community engagement; and program integration and reporting. The Director of Operations is a key member of the senior management team and act on the Executive Director’s behalf during his/her absence. The complete description is available at: http://www.westcentralin.com/Job_Openings/Exec/Director%20of%20Operations.pdf.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in business administration, public administration, management or a related field – MBA, MPA, MSM or similar advanced degree preferred. A well-documented history of progressively responsible management and leadership experience of more than 10 years may be considered a substitute for fulfillment of the minimum educational requirement.
- Five to 10 years management experience that includes relevant experience in a senior leadership position and/or at an executive level.
- Prior leadership or management experience at a non-profit or government agency is highly desirable.
The budgeted annual starting salary for this position is $71,939, but the salary may be adjusted for an exceptionally well qualified candidate if the adjustment can be supported within the framework of the Agency’s current annual budget. The Agency offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes: medical insurance (90%/10% cost share), life insurance, 13 paid holidays, paid sick and vacation time, short-term disability, 401k, and additional optional employee paid insurance coverage (i.e. family medical, vision, dental, etc.).
Qualified candidates should submit a letter of interest describing how their skills and experience would be a good match for this position; a current resume or curriculum vitae; and three references by 4:00 PM EST on January 26, 2018. Required materials can be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org as a single PDF file; uploaded to this job posting on indeed.com (https://www.indeed.com); or mailed to: Human Resources, West Central Indiana Economic Development District, 1718 Wabash Ave, Terre Haute, IN 47807. Submitted material will be screened after this job announcement closes and selected finalists will be offered interviews with the Agency’s executive committee.