WCIEDD is responsible for developing, managing and implementing many federal, state and local programs throughout West Central Indiana.
- As the Aging & Disability Resource Center; we provide people of all ages, incomes, and abilities with information and one-on-one person centered counseling about the full range of long-term service and support (LTSS) options available in West Central Indiana.
- As the Area Agency on Aging (AAA); we provide a wide variety of services and support to seniors, disabled persons, and their caregivers.
- In our role as an Economic Development District (EDD), we help develop and advance community and economic development projects that create good paying jobs, build the tax base, and improve the infrastructure.
- As both the Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) and Rural Transportation Planning Organization (RTPO); we work with local, state, and federal partners to develop and maintain a multimodal transportation system that promotes sustainable community growth and economic development, and enhances quality of life.
- As the lead agency for Covering Kids & Families in West Central Indiana; we work with local coalition members to help individuals and families obtain affordable health insurance.
- As a public transportation service provider; we provide transportation services to seniors and disabled individuals in Parke, Vermillion and Vigo County, and rural public transportation services to persons of all abilities in Vigo County.
Through our board and various committees we also provide a forum for identifying and addressing regional issues. Staff provide technical assistance and planning services to local government officials and agencies too.
Events & Announcements
New Adult Day Service Provider
On July 2, 2018, Active Day, a leading national provider of adult day services took over operation of McMillan Adult Day Center, which this Agency operated for more than 40 years. The Center’s name has been changed to Active Day Wabash Valley, but it remains at 489 2nd Ave here in Terre Haute. For more information call the Center, which is open Mon – Fri from 7:00 am – 5:30 pm, at (812) 232-4627.
Unless otherwise indicate, all meetings are open to the public. Persons with special needs or disabilities can request reasonable accommodation by calling the District’s office at (812) 238-1561 at least 48 hours in advance of the meeting.
- 07/24/18, 2:00 PM - Joint Transportation Policy Committee & Transportation Technical Commitee Meeting, 1718 Wabash Ave, Terre Haute, IN 47807
- 07/23/18, 7:00 PM - WCIEDD Board of Directors, 489 2nd Ave, Terre Haute, IN 47807
Funding Announcements and Opportunities
U.S. DOT BUILD Transportation Program Launch
On April 25, 2018, the U.S. Department of Transportation (U.S. DOT) issued a Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFA) for its Better Utilizing Investment to Leverage Development (BUILD) discretionary grant program. BUILD replaces the Transportation Investment Generating Economic Recovery (TIGER) grant program.
- Grant Award Size: Rural Areas: $1 to $25 million and Urbanized Areas: $5 to $25 million.
- Timing: Awarded funds must be obligated by 09/30/20 and paid out to the grantee by 09/30/25.
- Eligible Applicants: State and local governments; transit agencies, port authorities, metropolitan planning organizations (MPOs), and other political subdivisions of State or local governments.
- Cost Sharing & Match Requirement: 80% Federal/20% Local, but the Secretary of Transportation may increase the Federal share of costs above 80% for a project located in a rural area.
- Eligible Projects: Highway, bridge, or other road projects eligible under Title 23, United States Code; (2) public transportation projects eligible under Chapter 53 of Title 49, United States Code; (3) passenger and freight rail transportation projects; (4) port infrastructure investments (including inland port infrastructure and land ports of entry); and (5) intermodal projects.
- Project Readiness: Ideally, the project should already be under development and the NEPA process should at least be underway.
- Application Deadline: 8:00 PM EDT on July 19, 2018.
Eligible applicants in West Central Indiana who have a project they might want to try to advance under BUILD can contact our Transportation Planning Division (812-917-3199 or email@example.com) for free technical advice and assistance. More information about BUILD and the NOFA is available at https://www.transportation.gov/BUILDgrants.
U.S. Economic Development Administration (EDA)
The following information from Federal agencies has been compiled by EDA and distributed to Economic Development Districts. This information is provided to increase awareness of complementary funding resources available for community and economic development.
- EDA Annoucement, 07/09/18
- EDA Annoucement, 07/02/18
- EDA Annoucement, 06/18/18
- EDA Annoucement, 06/11/18
Questions regarding these EDA announcements and opportunities should be direct to Jim Coffenberry at (812) 238-1318.