WCIEDD is responsible for developing, managing and implementing many federal, state and local programs throughout West Central Indiana.
- As the Aging & Disability Resource Center; we provide people of all ages, incomes, and abilities with information and one-on-one person centered counseling about the full range of long-term service and support (LTSS) options available in West Central Indiana.
- As the Area Agency on Aging (AAA); we provide a wide variety of services and support to seniors, disabled persons, and their caregivers.
- In our role as an Economic Development District (EDD), we help develop and advance community and economic development projects that create good paying jobs, build the tax base, and improve the infrastructure.
- As both the Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) and Rural Transportation Planning Organization (RTPO); we work with local, state, and federal partners to develop and maintain a multimodal transportation system that promotes sustainable community growth and economic development, and enhances quality of life.
- As the lead agency for Covering Kids & Families in West Central Indiana; we work with local coalition members to help individuals and families obtain affordable health insurance.
- As a public transportation service provider; we provide transportation services to seniors and disabled individuals in Parke, Vermillion and Vigo County, and rural public transportation services to persons of all abilities in Vigo County.
Through our board and various committees we also provide a forum for identifying and addressing regional issues. Staff provide technical assistance and planning services to local government officials and agencies too.
Upcoming Events & News
- 04/24/18, 10:00 AM - Transportation Technical Committee, 1718 Wabash Ave, Terre Haute, IN 47807
- 05/15/18, 2:00 PM - Transportation Policy Committee, 1718 Wabash Ave, Terre Haute, IN 47807
- 05/21/18, 7:00 PM - WCIEDD Board of Directors, 489 2nd Ave, Terre Haute, IN
Funding Announcements and Opportunities
The following information from Federal agencies has been compiled by the U.S. Economic Development Administration and distributed to Economic Development Districts. This information is provided to increase awareness of complementary funding resources available for community and economic development.
Questions regarding these announcements and opportunities should be direct to Jim Coffenberry at (812) 238-1318.